Add: 91 rue de Rennes 75006 Paris*
Tel: 01 45 44 66 13
Hours: [Mon-Sat] 10:30am~7:30pm
Price: single origin chocolates €7/box
Visited on: Aug 2014
Patrick Roger, awarded Meilleur Ouvrier de France (MOF) chocolatier, is a chocolate madman well-known for his majestic chocolate sculptures and his innovative flavor combinations. I first visited his boutique back in October 2012, and have loved his creations ever since. Excellent choice whether as a treat to oneself, or a gift for a friend.
*Various locations available, check website for full listing.
Just yesterday, my roommate received this coffret de chocolat (€36, available in different sizes) as a present, and we had such fun trying each bonbon chocolat and savoring their flavors – we probably tasted about 7 of them before we decided that a break was necessary.
In this box:
- Amazone – the harmony of caramel and the sharpness of lime
- Trinidad & Tobago – the fleeting flavor of creole rum
- Zanzibar – a fusion of thyme and lemon
- Delhi – essence of lemon and basil
- Mistral – creamy plain caramel and flower of salt
- Maracaibo – a subtle blend of northern cocoas
- Tendresse – strongly roasted and caramelized Piedmont hazelnut
- Desir – crunchy wafer on praline
- Katamandou – the richness of jasmine blossom
- Corsica – essence of orange rind
A lovely surprise at the bottom of the box: instead of a cardboard paper, the bottom is lined with a plaque of chocolate!